Change in the community starts with one person at a time one small action at a time. Here are suggestions on things you can do to get involved and help your community.
Contact Us! Become a Part of Our Team
Present at a Coalition Meeting
Do you have a personal work experience related to substance use and opioids and want to share it with our coalition?
Advocate or Attend a Local Governance Meeting
Every month Sacramento County officials meet on topics related to Opioid Use and Substance Us. Attending these meetings is a great way to voice your opinion and direct county resources where the public needs them the most!
- Sacramento County Alcohol and Drug Advisory Board
- Public Health Advisory Board Meeting Agendas here
- Share concerns of opioid overdose with the Board of Supervisors to Meeting schedule here to
- Provide a testimony for Sacramento County Prevention and Treatment Services, email: DHS-SUPT@saccounty.net or call (916) 875-2050.
Follow Safe Disposal Practices
Keep medications protected.. Properly disposing of controlled substances and related items like sharps is important for our community safety.
- Go to our Safe Disposal page to learn more!
- Consider storing your medications in a locked box to keep away from children or others who might misuse them
- Dispose of controlled substances in designated safe disposal sites
Naloxone Training and Distribution
Those who have regular contact with someone at high risk of overdose (i.e. law enforcement, medical personnel, concerned family member or friend) should think about becoming a Naloxone carrier. With training, you may be able to reverse an overdose.
Learn More! Share What You Learn with Others
Help us raise public awareness of Opioid Use Disorder and share the facts about what we as a community can best do to help.