The Sacramento County Opioid Coalition brings people together to save lives.
Gone Too Soon Memorial Campaign for Opioid Awareness
Talking about opioids is difficult. Opioids take good people from their families. Opioid overdose can happen to your family, friends, neighbors, or coworkers. Maybe it already has.
We’re compiling stories to introduce these difficult discussions. We humbly ask you to share your stories as well.
We’ll display posters of those lost to opioids with dynamic descriptions of the person (i.e., Musician, Compassionate). These posters will be displayed throughout our community at various locations and times and treated/stored with respect. We would be honored to have you and your loved ones help us educate people on the dangers of opioids and to prevent future overdoses.
If you are interested in helping and sharing your loved one’s story, download the SCOC Permission Form and email it to Lauren Werner at [email protected]. Permission must come from next of kin (i.e., parent, spouse).
- Find options at Sacramento County Prevention and Treatment Services
- Scroll through our Resources
- Map and List of local agencies that offer Substance Use Services
- Map and List of Physicians who offer Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Map and List of Safe Medication Disposal Kiosks
- Get Sacramento County opioid use data
- Discover a local Harm Reduction Center: Gender Health Center, Harm Reduction Services, Golden Rule Services, SANE
- Map of Harm Reduction Services and Community Services
- List of Community Based Agencies
- Apply for a Naloxone (Narcan) grant for your agency
- Song For Charlie Snapchat Campaign
- New Resources October
- CDPH Announcement on Guidelines
- New Guidelines for Treatment of OUD
- Certification requirements for MAT removed
- A Valuable Resource – Addiction Free CA
- New Website. Same Coalition
- Summary of SCOC Accelerator Program
- Political Moves on Opioid X-Waiver Requirement
- The Truth Initiative Opioid Campaign
Need to Talk to Someone Now?
Sacramento County Helpline
SAMHSA National Helpline