Naloxone saves lives by reversing overdoses. The Sacramento County Opioid Coalition distributes Naloxone and promotes training through our community projects.
- Local Pharmacies: CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid (NARCAN is over the counter in 48 states, no prescription necessary). Call beforehand to see if they have some in stock.
- Visit Harm Reduction Centers: Harm Reduction Services: 2800 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento (916)456-4849 or SANE: Safer Alternatives Thru Networking and Education: 4433 Florin Rd, Ste 740, Sacramento, CA 95823 (916) 397-2434
- Organizations may apply to DHCS, Naloxone Distribution Project for free Narcan® at: www.dhcs.ca.gov/individuals/Pages/Naloxone_Distribution_Project.aspx
- Email Sacramento Opioid Coalition with your inquiry: [email protected] or [email protected]
OpioidRelatedOverdoseTraininginSchools_ADA_1_13_2022(MMH).docx Opioid-Related Overdose Policy Guidelines and Training in the School Setting, Updated January 2022
Naloxone-Summary-of-State-Laws-9.25.2020 Attached State Law Document: Schools permission to carry and administer Narcan: California is on pages 24-28 (you will find the specific language for schools on pages 25, 27 and 28.) This document is supported by the Office of National Drug Control Policy, Executive Office of the President.
Sample School Policy Coming Soon!
- Sacramento County System of Care for Substance Use Treatment: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (916) 874- 9754, After Hours: 1-(888) 881-4881
- The Good Samaritan Law: PDAPS – Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Laws
- Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office: 1PillCanKillSac.com
- Responding to an overdose basics: Responding to Opioid Overdose – National Harm Reduction Coalition
- Song for Charlie: SongforCharlie.org
Why Naloxone is Essential to Our Mission
Find Naloxone and Get Trained
- Naloxone Access Options in California, California Health Care Foundation
- National Harm Reduction Coalition, Naloxone
- Apply to get free Naloxone Kits at the Department of Health Care Services Naloxone Distribution Project
- Get Naloxone Now website offers information and 20 minute trainings
- Overdose Prevention, National Harm Reduction Coalition
- How to Use a Naloxone Kit Booklet, UC Davis Dipi
- The National Harm Reduction Coalition is not just a great resource to learn more about Naloxone and but a wealth of information for learning about treatment and prevention.
- Guide To Developing and Managing Overdose Prevention and Take Home Naloxone Projects, National Harm Reduction Coalition